HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

how do i tune my 40m IDA webers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabz20
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: how do i tune my 40m IDA webers? Reply with quote

anyone with a labeled diagram wouold help me heaps, or experience, don't know much about the little suckers.
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: how do i tune my 40m IDA webers? Reply with quote

First you need an air sync tool, usually a tube with a ball that moves up and down depending on the air moving through it.

Sync all the carby barrels (ie same amount of air moving through each throat at idle), make sure the linkage is all the same length and the idle speed screws are wound the same amount on each carby. To adjust the air flow use the
air correction screws (the ones with the nut over the screw next the mixture screw which is the one with the spring on it)
Sync the mixture screws also(start with 2 1/2 turns out).

Now that all barrels are flowing the same amount of air start to back of the mixture (wind the screws in), keep all the screws in sync (same amount of winding on each).
Back off the mixture until the motor starts to want to stall then turn out 1/8 1/4 of a turn.

If the idle is rough then they are still out of sync.
Keep trying!

Now providing the gas pedal will fully open both carbys
open the throttle to about 2000rpm or so (either using the gas pedal or from where the cable connects to the lingage) and measure the air flowing on the both carbys.

If its different then ajust the linkage to open both carbys the same amount. The motor will rev smoothly and sound wicked when both carbys are flowed correctly!

Next thing to do it setting the jetting, if you need help with then just post on the forum, Good luck.
gabz20
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: how do i tune my 40m IDA webers? Reply with quote

thankyou so very much, i owe you one mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: