HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

tuning for the gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon96
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: tuning for the gem Reply with quote

i know this sort of thing prolly pops up a bit, but i am going to seek your advice anyway. i have a td gem with a rebuilt g200, genie exractors, 2 inch exhaust and a poorly tuned weber with a dodgey linkage. my next upgrades are likely to be suspension and wheels, as well as a new 1800 head and a fairly tame cam.
what would my current redline be?
and what sort of cam should i procure to give it a new one at about 6500, 7000, if this is not too ridiculous?
will the smaller head alone change the rev range or help it breathe a bit better or increase power?
does anyone know what sort of power i might be making at the moment, after mods?
i am also keen to get my baby a tuning for the weber and a run on the dyno, will i get any more power just from a decent tune, or should i wait until after i fit the head/cam?
again sorry if you have heard all this before, i am particularly interested in the benefits of getting it tuned and would like to know where to go in SA, what should i ask them to do or will they tell me and how much a good tuning costs.
thanks, simon

PS: i think the hotgemini site could do with a hall of fame, like everyone posting their 'slips' or dyno sheets, just to get some healthy competition going, and to show all the rotors what we're making, not that i expect to be up there but oh well... one day. what do you all think, no "my gemi has runs 11's" but scanned in slips.
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: tuning for the gem Reply with quote

can I buy the g200 head??

Todd
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: tuning for the gem Reply with quote

when figuring out your horsepower juts rember to add a few more because of your wheels and suspension
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: ALL FOR THAT!!! (adam: hint hint) Reply with quote

i think that is a sweet idea simon96. i think we should have some kind of "hall of fame" as you put it. that way the time-cards provide the proof of what the bragging claims! i mean, it will be up to six months before i'll be ready to run at the track but hey - i stsill wanna know what everyone elses mean little gem can do!

cheers
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ALL FOR THAT!!! (adam: hint hint) Reply with quote

Well i have done a 3.54 b4 and i have got the numbers on a piece of paper to prove it so i win so just dont bother Smile
Smoking TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: ALL FOR THAT!!! (adam: hint hint) Reply with quote

your a bit of a hero mate. don't you mean 3.54 pulls before you blow.i think it's a great idea.bring em on fellas.(not that mine will be close to the top)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: