HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Injected V6??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Injected V6?? Reply with quote

Hey does anyone on here own a gemmi with an injected V6 that is fully engineered and street legal? Because i am on a fairly low budget but am willing to put every single cent i can get my hands on to get an injected six in my beast. if u can help me out with any info, can u please give me your details because i will need to have a long hard chat with u Smile thank u P.S- getting motor and box is no problem
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Injected V6?? Reply with quote

Contact Vicroads and get a list of the engineers they use to approve that sort of conversion. The engineers will give you the information about what you need to change to get it legal, ie; brakes etc. Won't be an easy job or cheap unless you can do alot of the work yourself.
Good luck.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Injected V6?? Reply with quote

CopBait,

I suggest you start bidding for the vented disc brake kit that is on eBay at the moment - $100 reserve for the Just Geminis kit with Camry vented rotors and Volvo 4-spot calipers, never fitted to a car.

There's some info on it in the parts for sale section of the forum, but you will NEED brakes like that for the conversion - trust me, that's ALL I've done of my conversion!
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Injected V6?? Reply with quote

...if i were to buy camry vented discs, does anyone know that the offset / stud pattern is compared to a gemini?
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Injected V6?? Reply with quote

In the case of the Just Geminis vented rotor kit, the Camry rotor is machined then fitted to a reconditioned Gemini stub-axle. The kit does not increase the track of the vehicle, but I can't help you if you wanna source the components yourself.

I just bought it and got 'em to bolt it on!
diesel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Injected V6?? Reply with quote

do the volvo calipers bolt to the gemini stub axle or is an adaptor bracket required?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: