HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wtf happend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henry
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:41 am    Post subject: wtf happend? Reply with quote

i Was dragen a 95 honda civic (stock with an exaust) 1st and 2nd reved out gr8 then i stuck it into 3rd and at about 4000 revs the car started to feel like it was starving for fuel , reving a droping and shuttering the car , whats the prob? any one know ? fuel pump could it be?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: wtf happend? Reply with quote

yeah henry could be have you changed the fuel filter recently??
or it could be your dizzy as sometimes they play up when the bearing is going
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: wtf happend? Reply with quote

Most certainly fuel related. Check your float level, might be a touch to low and make sure the needle and seat are ok. Are you running a mechanical or eletrical fuel pump? it might be struggling to keep up.
Unless your running a massive cam the motor is probably not making any power after 6-6500 so the only thing your getting is more noise - although a gem at 8k does sound pretty good.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: wtf happend? Reply with quote

a DOHC gem sounds mad at 6800rpm when you are dragging a v6 camry and a VR commodore Smile

got in front of both of them... im sure if we had broken the 140kmh barrier then they would have killed me cause my car dosn't pull so well in 4th Sad
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:59 pm    Post subject: Same prob. Reply with quote

Hey, when you find out what it is, let me know bcoz im having the exact same problem. Post up the solution when you find it out.
Thanks.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: wtf happend? Reply with quote

How did you get a Gem motor to 8k??
Hmmm, I wanna hear it!
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: wtf happend? Reply with quote

i had my almost stock 1600 ( weber, extractors, 2" ) at 8 grand yesterday doing over 100 km/h in second gear.

i must admit it did sound very good, but like fastgem said it doesn't really pull much over 6500.

Simmo.
henry
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Same prob. Reply with quote

hey man i fixed it .. i just found the wire going to the fuel pump and got the wire going to the + side of da batt and i got a switch . so i can flik the switch and i have 12v going straight to the fuel pump . mmm more fuel , doesnt starv into 3rd any more .sweet
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Same prob. Reply with quote

clever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: