HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How to make your old stock rims look like a million dollars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 7:01 pm    Post subject: How to make your old stock rims look like a million dollars Reply with quote

If your old stocko's are still on your gemini, and look shit, like mine did, buy the following things:

1.gloss black spray paint from cheap as chips for $2.95, dont buy the matt black
2.chemtech liquid chrome from sprint auto's for $11
3.soap steel wool from woolworths/safeway/supermarket for like a dollar.

remove the rim and tyre.
using the steel wool, rub and rub and rub some more till the paint on the rims starts to come off, well the silver on my old stockies just was shhowing through black, or just rub them till think they are clean, use water to get all the crap out of your way so u can still see the rim, as those soap pads leave a lot of shit behind Smile once you have done this, use some metho to clean the rims up, then make sure it is completely dry before continuing
using duct tape cover the rubber, then using newspaper, cover the rest of the tyre, making sure you tape it down, and also making sure you dont get any tape covering the rim. using very light even strokes, short strokes, about 20cm away, spray one way, then the next, don't do this thickly either, let it dry. drying takes about 20-30 minutes, long enough for you to go and clean up the next rim

also while that is drying, take your wheel nuts, sit them down, and paint them black Smile this looks a hundred percent better. you also should paint up your drums, they look much better also, and don't forget the calipers

after the chrome had dried, do the same sgain, till it looks good, about 3 coats i did i think, and made my stockies come up much much better.

let them dry while u go and have lunch, then clean the garage up, then they should be dry enough to go back on the car, id leave them for 40minutes to an hour just to be safe

any problems email me johnson@txc.net.au

you can see more pics on my web site http://www.txc.net.au/~johnson

turtle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: wheels Reply with quote

i reckon you should put mags on it and lower it
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: haha Reply with quote

i thought camira mags were pov.
marc_greinke
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: wheels Reply with quote

what is ya cant afford to buy $1000 worth of tyres and rims... this is just a good way to make ure car look the biz, without the hefty price tag. i did this myself. i dipped my rims in acid (hydrocloric)to get rid of 20 years worth of grime and dirt. then all i did was polish up the outer edges with a bit of silvo ( being TE Sandpiper II rims) and presto, i have awesome looking rims on a very tight budget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Body All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: