HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

twincam info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: twincam info Reply with quote

ok anybody out there with a twincam,
where can i get a sump gasket from asap....
i cant find anywhere that stocks them.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

Have you tried to see if they are the same, or close to the same, as sohc one? i've never looked
Voiz
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

nah there different, like everything else on the dohc/sohc ... :-/
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

if they were the same do you think i would be asking where to buy a dohc one ???????????
GEM4PLAY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

i say good luck finding one but if you do get as many as you can cause there rare as and you'd make some money selling them to everyone else that needs them. i had my twincam full rebuilt and the had to use the old gaskest.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

i would find a gasket maker and send him your sump and get him to make you a gasket set up.
coupetx
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

i agree, good luck finding one. They are moulded rubber, which means it's hard 2 find any thing even close. Give up like i did and use the original one with plenty of silicone, my gasket was really shit and i wasn't happy about reusing it, but i had no choice. But if u do find anywhere thats got them put me down 4 1.
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

hehehe. good old silicone. works a bloody treat. yeah, i agree, pump the bastard with silicone - that will fix it good. and next time you need to take the sump off, wipe the gasget down with turpentine and resilicone it. hope that helps
Smile
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

that would be all good and well but i dont have the old one Smile

gem4play i would like to see your setup cause im having problems with what i should do about my water inlet as my turbo and manifold wont fit unless i modify it.

also have some other qs for ya.
Zedster
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: twincam info Reply with quote

I actually cut and shut a single cam rubber sump gasket. The back 3/4 are the same, but the front 1/4 is diff. The size of the piece that goes over the front oil seal is smaller than the single cam, but simply cut it and with some decent glue, glue it! Some bolt holes are different to at the front to, no major problem. Stuff paying millions for a new or second hand one! And no it does not leak on a motor that revs like buggery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: