HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

g200w questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:31 pm    Post subject: g200w questions Reply with quote

hey, I have two g200w questions.
Firstly, I hear that either the later or earlier (can't remember which one) g200ws need to use the deisel x member. Can anyone clear up which one this is and how to tell the different types apart?
and;
with extractors, can you use g200 sohc extractors on a g200w?

cheers
zep
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: g200w questions Reply with quote

You do not need a diesel crossmember. Even if the mounts dont line up, you just need the ones from a Gemini twin cam engine. The guy that runs this site http://www.users.bigpond.com/glennpp/index.htm has put some Gemini twincams in beletts so he might have some spares.If the oil filter points straight up, I dont think you can fit Gemini mounts or you can get another filter block.
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: g200w questions Reply with quote

ok, I live in New Zealand, so i prolly can't get those from that dude. So you're saying that I need new engine mounts? I thought the point of using a g200 twin cam is that you didn't need new mounts, therefor not needing certs for them and stuff.
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: g200w questions Reply with quote

Sorry I meant the bits that attach to the motor (the metal brackets). The oil pump should look like this http://www.users.bigpond.com/glennpp/dohc-bl.jpg. I can send you some photos of the engine in my dads ZZ (twincam standard) tomorrow if you want some better pics.
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: g200w questions Reply with quote

Yea, that would be cool. can you send them to
zeplin@anti-trojan.org

cheers

also, anyone know about the extractors?
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: g200w questions Reply with quote

No, sohc extractors will not fit.... if you have a look at the spacing of the exhaust ports on your dohc block you will notice they are completely different to a sohc motor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: