HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

suspension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: suspension Reply with quote

hmm... unless your a full sik drifter, please explain why u want hard suspension. hard suspension means lose of traction. mores 4 banger drag cars run stock rear suspension to prevent traction los.

anyways. with $1200 (which is NOT a tight budget)
4xlowered springs $250ish
front and rear whitline sway bars $450ish
then some shocks koni red adjustable shocks $450

and change left over maybe re bush ya front end
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: suspension Reply with quote

Dude, define "tight budget" because to some people 100 bucks is tight, others 800 is tight. My advice for a cheap budget is get some king springs (std, low (30mm lower), super low(50mm lower) of your choice, they will cost you from the lowest possibly which is probably $100, to max $130, paying any more a pair you are getting ripped hardcore. Then get some Monroe Reflex shocks fitted at the same time, these will also set you back around the same price $110 a pair. This whole set up fully installed will most likely set you back around $550 if you find a good place. That is pretty reasonable for a good set up which wont break the bank. You COULD fit them yourself, but the fronts are a bitch, and you would have to buy/steal some spring compressors and that will set you back say $30 for a shit pair. So my advice is to get that set up fully installed by a prof.

www.kingsprings.com.au <=== go there and call up a few of the distributors in your state they will give you the best deal on King Springs and will be able to get you super low springs (if you want them) but you have to request them as they aren't on the king springs catalogue but they do still sell them.

Hope that helps.

Sam
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Lol wish i had that budget Reply with quote

Lol, i wasted my time posting up there, didn't see this section of the thread.

Yeah dude go the setup Gene said, that would be sweet as, Koni shocks are apparantly nice as. Get Nolathane bushes, they will set ya back a couple hundred.

Shit, 1200 bucks, lol i'd hate to see what his large budget is.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Lol wish i had that budget Reply with quote

i spent about $1800.. woulda been $2200 if i got koni yellows (drool)
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Lol wish i had that budget Reply with quote

yeah i spent about $2200 on suspension.
full nolathane at every corner plus new ball joints and $400 for 4 kibg springs
$800 on koni sports(yellows)
and thats not even buying the sway bars like gene has.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Lol wish i had that budget Reply with quote

fark!!!

i have all nolothene bushes everywhere, front and rear adjustable sway bars (whitline) king springs and konie reds, all new ball joints. where did u spend $2200 without sway bars????

im still waiting on adam to make me a control arm brace Smile
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Lol wish i had that budget Reply with quote

i went to the koni website and couldnt find anything for holden? (www.koni.com)

is there an australian website?

also with the koni adjustables do they make the rear ones shorter so your springs dont fall out?
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Part numbers Reply with quote

82-1886Sport for yellow (front)
82-1740Sport for yellow (rear)
80-2275 for red (front)
There is no number for red rear.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Part numbers Reply with quote

to shorrten the rears they shim them so they dont fully extend.

so bushes are about $700 plus ball joints $220 and there you go nearly $220 in suspesnion oh and the rack ends and the steering rack bushes and the nolathamne donut that connects to the steering coloumn. as i said every thing is in plastic. and a new panhard rod from nolathane.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: suspension Reply with quote

reflex theya re the black ones? if you drive your gemini hard get gt gas and they are more durable then the reflex
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Part numbers Reply with quote

cheers for that guys
so koni red's in all four corners??

i said 1200 was a tight budget cause my bro spent 4 plus g's on his
gazely
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Part numbers Reply with quote

which ones are cheaper, red or yellows?
thanks.
also how hard is it to install shocks and springs?
DrIFtA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Part numbers (Red Rear) Reply with quote

80-2283 for Koni 'Red' rear.

If u wants to put drag suspension in your Gemmi it'll handle like a Staffy on a wet lino floor.
General drag set-up rule is soft as in da front, and hard as in da rear. Trust me.... U dont want dat, theres no proper balance to the handling, and hard braking makes the car very very unstable/dangerous.
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: suspension Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure (from buying them myself) that reflex is a technology of some munroe shocks, which GT's have....

So, munroe GT gas are also reflex shocks
QldRobbo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Part numbers Reply with quote

red's are cheaper than yellows

install springs and shocks in the rear, piss easy, in the front, not quite so easy (you need spring compressors)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: