HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

How do u freight an engine??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: How do u freight an engine?? Reply with quote

I am purchasing an engine from Melbourne and want to get it up to Qld ... any advice on who to use and approx costs .. it weights bout 250kg
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: How do u freight an engine?? Reply with quote

Get a crate made drain all oil/water/fuel and presure wash, have fork lift pockets put under the crate so they can fork it on and off the organise depot to depot transport with anyone who does mel - bne interstate and pick it up with a trailer.

you will not get any insurance so the crate will be your insurance......

no one will freight it with out a crate as it could be damaged or the it could damage other freight...

and depot to depot is the cheapers road freight you can get...

I moved from Melb to Perth and back this way and only cost me $150 for a transport and I had lots more than just 1 motor.

cheers
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: How do u freight an engine?? Reply with quote

thanks champ

the freight cost $150 and yeah was one motor, 3 heads 2 turbos and a gearbox plus lotsa little bits and pieces so yeah they put it in a crate.

It should be here tuesday but thanks neway appreciate the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: