HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help with neon wiring..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Help with neon wiring.. Reply with quote

allo,
anyone tell me how to wire up a neon to a sub so when the sub beats the light flashes? I know it sounds gay... but if you have an amp under a window in your boot and a flashing neon would look alright....

Do you have to get a neon kit or something, or can I use a cold cathode fro a PC?

Cheers Lads Smile

Wasabiż
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with neon wiring.. Reply with quote

you can get audio sensors which detects the beat
ive also heard of putting a signal wire through them like on a equliser but the one i saw had dials on it so when it hit certain db it would flash the strobe
ATG23Q
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with neon wiring.. Reply with quote

Last edited by ATG23Q on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with neon wiring.. Reply with quote

jaycar sell either the whole kit with neon included and the transformer that makes it flash to the beat or they sell just the transformer seperately if you already have a neon.

cheers

NeWaZ
marc_greinke
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with neon wiring.. Reply with quote

hey why dont u just go out to autobarn and buy the neon, which just hooks straight up to your ciggerette lighter in your car! i got got one for my gem, and it looks the biz, and does all the fancy stuff, like flashing to the bass. mine cost me $30, but its said to be a very good brand of neon.

Cya

Marc
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with neon wiring.. Reply with quote

fully sik

i used to have a black light in my car above my feet on teh pdals looks sik with white shoes

we also had it in teh boot and found out collant glows bright green so if you wanted to you could have like a thin perspex container with collant in it and black light and bam isntant bright green light
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: