HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Todays POP QUIZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Todays POP QUIZ Reply with quote

QUESTION:
Whats wrong with my engine?

I'm losing coolant over a couple days but not overheating.
I blow a lot of steam when i am started up and i only start on 2 or 3 cylinders for about 15 seconds. I'm fine after that and still blow a small amount of smoke.

ANSWER:
my head?
head gasket?
other? please explain in detail.

Thankyou.
Doing compression test in a coupla days, ill let u know.
Hones
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays POP QUIZ Reply with quote

cracked/warped head (allowing water to seep through to combustion chamber thus explaining your steamy mornings (no pun intended) - try some chemiweld - 10 bucks and will hold out for 2 or 3 months until u fix it.
i bet its on number 3.........
FullGrownGem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays POP QUIZ Reply with quote

You could have a hole in your timing cover case..i had a similar problem justtake it off and check it out, then get it welded if it has a hole...fairly simple
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays POP QUIZ Reply with quote

Change your oil, if the "oil" that comes out of the sump is creamy white shit, then you got a fucked head or blown head gasket. Just like me Very Happy Yeah, do what he said and get some chemiweld into the bitch, seals up everything, its good shit Very Happy
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays POP QUIZ Reply with quote

Before you start it in the morning, take the plugs out and crank the starter over. Take note of which plug hole shoots out water/coolant. (careful not to get drenched) If this is the case, either head gasket or small crack or hole in the head. Unless it's been overheated before, it's unlikely that it's cracked. Unless it's been run without coolant additive for ages, it's unlikely to be corroded to cause a hole.

Yonnee.
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Todays POP QUIZ Reply with quote

just to be the worst... it can be a cracked block, but usually the head goes.
check the oil for white shit and water.
only takes 30 mins to crack a head off, sus the gasket and check its a true straight edge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: