HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

!!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi guys, i posted a msg asking what to do about a stock niki carbi thats will be bolted on to a G161.

The onyl real reply was to block air shit on the air filter.
Iv got a crome filter for it.

I was thinking jet sizes and so on.
im from melbourne, so if any1 knows a good place in melb to get it reco'd and a litte done up please HELP ASAP!

my email is joeysgem@hotmail.com
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

You can hook up the secondaries to open earlier. Theres a post about doing it in the workshop and some info in the R&D forum.
Hope that helps a little bit.
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

why stuff around with the nikki carb where you can by a single webber with adapotor plate, aka 32/36 webber, or a 34/34 adm weber from a ford XD find heaps at wrekers and very cheap
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

I dont think the Nikki carbs have removable jets, so to change the jetting youd need to drill out the stock jets. These carbs are restrictive anyway, your better off using a 32/36 or a 34ADM webber.

Nick-
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

QUICK HELP ASAP ASAP ASAP WITH THIS LAMe MOD CoS ITS VITAL I geT 3 ExTrA hOrSe PoWeR bY toNiGHT
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

nah i only need 2 of the big ones
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

The Nikki's do have removable jets, which you can remove and dril, or solder up, etc.

With the Nikki, you can weld the linkage for the secondary butterfly, so it opens with the main butterfly. this will increase throttle response.
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

Theres not heaps of room for improvement but theres enough. You have to remember that if your engine is stock you don't need more fuel to burn (NOTE: all jets, airbleeds, venturies, boosters and emulsion tubes are removable). Buy if you want a bit more performance you DO need more oxygen: Fuel will not burn wothout it, Therefore, if you want to burn it quicker with a bigger bang you cram as much oxygen in there as possible.
If you want I have a few rebuilt and worked carbs on my shelf at home, they do not, however, have dodgy locked secondaries. Get back to me if you are interested.
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!CARBI PERFORMANCE!!!!! Reply with quote

Sorry, power valves are removeable too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: