HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

JONNY FJ20DET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: JONNY FJ20DET Reply with quote

oi gene
who is doing your cooler pipe work etc etc
also you know anyone who could fabricate a efi manifold with custom plenum etc etc
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: piping Reply with quote

Where are you gonna run your piping through? bottom, or top holes?

A mate of mine just got his custom manifold/plenum back for his FJ. Awesome work, best one Ive seen yet. Even has an 80mm TB. I'll try and get some photos for you. You would put them straight into the wank bank Wink
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: piping Reply with quote

hahahahahah interesting

im running my piping out of bottom of end tanks and then through holes that are currently in the front apron, but need to be cut larger.
im just not to sure if i should weld the pipe work all the way or use those connectors for joins in the mandrel bends ?????
what have u done with yours ???
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: piping Reply with quote

if u weld it all the way u will crack/split your end tanks. the engine moves alot more then the body and with outt the rubber joints the inter cooler will try and move with the engine and it cant cos its fixed to the body causing splits and cracks in all your pipe work and end tanks. rubber/silicon joints letd it flex and gie it some leway
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: piping Reply with quote

mine come down under the chassis rails then straight up. i made my pipes a few days ago. i welded most of the pipes together and used one silicon hoses in the middle to take some of the movement when the engine revs.

pipes cost me 150
silicon hoses 100
bolt down clamps 60

i recommend using the bolt down clamps, not the pussy screw driver jobbies. also run a weld around the end of the pipes so the clamps dont blow off under boost
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: piping Reply with quote

I could see myself blowing off one of those bolted clamps even under 20psi. They are so damn solid, and clamp so well. Too bad they are friggin expensive. At various times i have bought them from different places, and have paid from about $5 each to something like $10 (never went back there, but had too as the other places were all out/closed for the day).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: