HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rear Discs..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: easy conversion. GO THE LOCKER! Reply with quote

how does getting them re-splinned for 28 splines make them weaker? dont all tuff drag cars get axles shortened when shortening diffs? i dont think they are weaker!

the side gears are to suit the 28 splines, not to make it stronger

even V6 axles are roughly 8mm thicker than gemini. which means STRONGER AXLES!

know fact.... geminis handle like crap. if you think other wise, stop fooling yourself
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: easy conversion. GO THE LOCKER! Reply with quote

Handle crap as oposed to what? The only problem with Geminis handling wise is too much weight over the front wheels and a problem with rear wheel alignment when lowered excessively (fixed by panhard rods)

As someone else mentioned, drive other cars from that era and you'll realise how good they actually are in stock form.

Nick-
Thirsty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: easy conversion. GO THE LOCKER! Reply with quote

give me a break...welded diffs are dangerous, difficult to drive on bitumen and illegal...need I go on. Save up, don't buy 15 packs of smokes and you will be able to get a LSD from hopalong and enjoy a car that handles and will turn into corners far easier than with a welded diff
Thirsty
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: easy conversion. GO THE LOCKER! Reply with quote

did i once say i welded the centre? its a gemini housing with full commodore gears (dont ask me what he done or how he done it) but its basically a spool
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: easy conversion. GO THE LOCKER! Reply with quote

If you had and brains about anything you would know that Hy-po drag cars use BILLET AXLES, not resplined. I'm not going to get into the specs cos you're wasting my time. If you knew the difference you wouldnt embarrass yourself!

You can't be very observant because we said they are one of the better handling cars in their class which does not include 2003 B.M.W.'s and shit like that.

Do some research mate, then we'll talk!

HOP-A-LONG
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: easy conversion. GO THE LOCKER! Reply with quote

not everyone uses billet axles mate.

im not even going to waste my time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: