HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Turbo Gem Power
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW Reply with quote

Wait till i finish my turbo G160, rip your piazza outta the hole.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

the sams performance (or micks performance) what ever it was, all i know is it was a g200, twin 45's, SOHC. beats me what the rest was, no nos (as fare as i know)
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

im sayign mine was cheap. only like 95-100rwkw, the guy with the sams performance engine payed like $3500 ffor his engine
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

Very happy indeed. I get to take it for its first real drive in the morning (the trip home) and it should be good. Only prob is Im not 100% sure the brakes are going to be good though, I may really have needed to have done a master cyl upgrade. We'll see I guess. Engineering happens on sat, and rego next week. Cant wait.

Loz
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW Reply with quote

Yeah we'll see Smile
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW Reply with quote

Hehehehe. IM SO BOREDEDEDED!
tcgem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

Just for my own interest was your g180 a SOHC or DOHC?
TurboGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

Loz,
Good to see that there are a few fo us out there that are not just academics. Do you have a Be Eng?? I have just started the long process of getting my CPEng, once done and I get on the national register it will be down to the DOT to get registered as an authorised engineer and let the games begin.

Gene,
The Gemini is insured for 3rd party, fire and theft only. It is a bit of a sleeper with the exception of the piazza mags.

As for the strenght of the piazza engine, a couple of things that I have noticed about them are they hate to rev, stuff as much boost as you can by 5000rpm then call it a day and change gears. The other thing is that you will get a big increase in midrange drivability and power if you fit a fuel and ignition computer. Mine is fuel only. As for the bottom end they are pretty solid. but like I said as long as you keep the revs down and have a good tune they should be fine.

Cheers
Paul
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW Reply with quote

2 words

stroke it
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW Reply with quote

you grow up fuck wit.

your acting like 100kw out of an n/a motor is impossible. its quite easy to acheive when you not completly illiterate when it comes to cars.

personally i think 100rwkw out of a turbo car is abit poor (no offence to anyone, and as the man said, the motor is stock)
but 100rwkw out of a n/a engine is respectable
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

sohc
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

Piazza internals are said to let go around the 170rwkw, so perhaps thats why the car in question melted a piston.

Ill be shooting for 150-170rwkw with my new t03 turbo on it, with stock internals, we will just have to wait to see how it all goes.

Anthony
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW Reply with quote

lol
You grow up the matter was resolved already..
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Gem power Reply with quote

No Be Eng yet, still studying, finished very soon though. My goal is to be DOT approved, and hopefully one day it wil be so.
What do you have to do to get CPEng?? And what is it?

Loz
mystikal21
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW Reply with quote

your a somker and a choker gene in da bottle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: