HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Turbo Rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Turbo Rebuild Reply with quote

Rayward engines in Victoria, quoted me $2500 for a FULL engine rebuild to suit a turbo setup on the g160.

This includes decomp. pistons, new valve springs, o-ringing the block, port and polish, copper head gasket and a turbo cam. I just got him to quote me a price for everything i would need for a turbo on the engine and he gave me that.

What's your thoughts? I didn't think it was too bad.
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Rebuild Reply with quote

i just got all the above, plus oring head as well, without the cam (cos i already had it) large port\polish and fully balanced bottomed end with lightened flywheel - $1180 (trade price - Sydney)

when u say decomp pistons - u mean hyper or forgies - if forgies, then cheap considering rods need modifying. (Forgies looking bout 1000-1200 a set)
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Rebuild Reply with quote

Why do rods need modifying??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Rebuild Reply with quote

he is getting hypa tek pistons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Rebuild Reply with quote

Yeah, what gene said. do you need to mod the rods for forgies? i didn't think you did if you got custom ones. Apparantly VL pistons are good but you have to mod the rods to accomodate full floating pistons.

Yeah, well hopefully i'll get it a bit cheaper coz a friend of my mates is one of the rebuilders at that place. But it seems allright, not sure if it includes bottom end balance tho, hopefully it does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: