HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need help --wiper plastic inserts wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Need help --wiper plastic inserts wanted Reply with quote

I need help to locate some wiper inserts please!! The arm that connects the wiper motor to the actual wiper arm uses plastic inserts in each end of the arm. A "clunky" noise whern the wipers are going was traced to worn inserts/bushes. GMH dealers tell me the part has not been stocked for 6 years now.

I tried to unclick an arm from the wreckers and found that due to their age, the inserts fall apart. Does anyone know where \I can get new ones?? Perhaps a different car has similar inserts. They are the size of a 10 cent coin and come in two parts that click together on either side of the arm.

Elky ... have you got an arm (passengers side) with good inserts attached??

cheers guys Ron
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Need help --wiper plastic inserts wanted Reply with quote

mine has metal in there. if you are talking bout what i think you are.
Ron
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Need help --wiper plastic inserts wanted Reply with quote

Hi Spud, I think you will find that there is a plastic bush that allows the arm to rotate as the motor turns. The bush comes in two bits that press together either side of the arm. I'm chasing some for the passenger side. Hard to get at too, you have to take out the glove box, demister duct and pry off the arm, but this breaks the bushes!!!
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Need help --wiper plastic inserts wanted Reply with quote

oh. differnt bit. sorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: