HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

indicator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOFX
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: indicator Reply with quote

just bought a wagon and the indicator doesnt turn off after i turn right. anyone know what to do here, i just thought if its easy i could fix it up
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: indicator Reply with quote

Check the pins in the back of your steering wheel?? If gems have pins - can't remember ever seeing an original steering wheel??

or
Get your wheels straight, ie back up and down the driveway a few times till your sure your wheels are in a perfectly straight line. Pull your steering wheel off and re-fit it so that it too is in the exactly right place for going straight?? Do you know what I mean???
NOFX
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: indicator Reply with quote

cheers for that
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: indicator Reply with quote

ok i think you have miss understood him.... its not that the wheel isn't straight it is his indicator is no canceling after turning.... iv'e fixed this b4...some guy told me i needed it to be fixed for rwc....i didnt think it mattered as long as the indicator worked...oh well...

what has happened i would say is that the plastic bit that acts lke a spring to reset it has broken off...cant be fixed just replaced... if you take off your steering wheel you will see the indicator assembly that whole bit needs to be swapped for an unbroken one... its easy to remove (for tx-td thats all ive ever touched)... just take off the steering wheel and suround and you will see the assembly it has three screws in it which are accessed from the front...you may have to move the indicator stalk up and down to get clean access to the screws... take the assembly of and replace it...i just went to a pick a part style wreckers and found one unbroken.... hope this helps...

cheers Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: