HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ZZ/T Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

I bought Martins ZZ/T off him. The question I want to ask is Are the bottom of diesel seats different to petrol seats? Because the bottom of my rear TG seat wont fit and I need to know what will.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

my back seat in my tg is a bitch to get the bolts in is that what you mean or is it just not fitting
my seat is all foam with some metal wires under it
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

No the seat frame is completely different. I think it is a clip in type seat because there is two big holes just under the front of the seat. I will supply pics if you do not understand.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

oh ok
i know theres two little bits of metal with holes in them on mine they screw in to just below the fron of the seat

send pics here

asummers@acha.gov.au
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

Pics sent, maybe you can help me now.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

they didnt come through
send them to quiksilver_qs@hotmail.com
instead

cheers
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

so theres no little holes towards the floor
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

No.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

sorry dude but i cant help then
i guess you could drill hold and thread them if you wanted but this wouldnt be leagal if it went though regencey, rta where ever your state does it

i guees you will have to ask some one else

sorry dude
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Anyone else? Reply with quote

Poida_again

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

Interesting someone else found a difference there...

I recently changed the rear seats in a petrol TE sedan. When I fitted the rear seat from a diesel TE I found it left a substantial gap at the join where the base and the back meet.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

far as i've been told the diesel gemini shells were made in japland and there are a few key differences between them and the normal made in aus gems... in that case the seats in the back of a diesel would have to fit the same back seat sheet metal even if it uses different bolts or whatever

if you're realy stuck you could always ring barry, he'd probably know.. he told me about the whole diesel shell thing
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ZZ/T Question Reply with quote

Yup that is true...

All the TE and TF diesel Gemini's were imported bodies from Japan. So are the diff assemblies.

TG diesel bodies were made in Oz

I own... (lost count really!) no right now I have five diesel TE's and I have a couple more spare engines as well.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: