HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

where to put it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: where to put it Reply with quote

where the bloody hell do i wack a subby in a TE sedan with the parcel tray already taken up with 6x9's if youve got one set up and running well let me know the details
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

In the boot.
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

ok im guessing your asking me to mount it on the chassi rails better to face it towards the fuel tank or away and im gonna be getting someone to mould checkerplate throughout the boot would it harm the sub to mould it round it with a removable plate so i can get to it ?
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

You could mount the sub facing upwards and cover the sub box with checkerplating to match your boot. DONT cut your parcel shelf at all. It is defectable and its a cunt of a job to put a new parcel shelf in.

Pavlos.
Geminis_rule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

You can fit a ten inch sub in between the 6x9's if you make the box yourself or get one made. you dont need to cut the shelf but it will block a fair bit of your rear view. or get a drop tank and put whateva behind the rear seat.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

stick it in a box in the boot.
dont make the box out of checker plate. use MDF (15mm minimum)
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

mount it on the roof
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

drill the stud pattern in the magnet and get a set of 4, cheap mags and they sound good too!

chris...
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

lol what a crackup.. and yeah it WAS a cunt of a job putting the parcel tray in i stenciled out 2 16mm thick MDF boards liquid nailed and bolted them in ect ect cut out the parcel tray metal went round the edges with gap filler sanded it back covered it in black velvet (bery bery smooth) and now ive got my 6x9's runnin 150 watts each just no room for a sub in it.. safe enough to cut an eclipse shape between the 6x9's in the MDF to let more sound through from the sub ??
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

Just out of interest?? How would you plan on mounting a subby in the parcel shelf if there were'nt 6x9's there already??
There happens to be a petrol tank that would be pretty well in the way of anything protruding more than a few inches beyond the original shelf.
Certainly in the way of any decent subby magnet and basket assembly!

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Highlander
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: where to put it Reply with quote

alot of MDF step-ups ?... ive got 32mm in there atm and my 6x9's are clearing the fuel tank by about 10-12mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: