HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rare Spares seal kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Rare Spares seal kits Reply with quote

Just wondering, what comes in the kits that are sold in the Gem Shop part of this site? The illustration shows a comprehensive kit including doors, baileys, windows etc, but for $39.97 the whole lot??

Something fishy here. I need new door and window seals so any help on the best place to go looking would be appreciated.

Thanx
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Spares seal kits Reply with quote

Hang on, I found another, $798 the lot??

I don't need front and rear windscreen seals/rubbers. I am probably best to call up a local Rare Spares dealer eh?

Hmmm
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Spares seal kits Reply with quote

The $798 price seems more realistic. Seals are not cheap.

Door seals can be bought from clark rubber by the metre, it works out to about under $40 per door.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Spares seal kits Reply with quote

I got rsp seals (trade though) and they are shit. They dont sit against the door windows so water can run straight down and in. And they have the felt stuff which stops the scratching, stuck randomly in places where it shouldnt!!
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Spares seal kits Reply with quote

I get my seals from the wreckers. In the last 6 weeks I have bought 6 door seals and a boot seal for my 2 gems all pretty much brand new. Door seals $5.50 boot seals $8.00

Pavlos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: