HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

handbrake pins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: handbrake pins. Reply with quote

the pins that click my handbrake into place are worn.. is there a way to rotate this to better pins? or do i have to replace it completely.. it holds car when i pull the handbrake up.. just dont click in.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: handbrake pins. Reply with quote

unmmm arrrr ummm arrrr someone must have used the handbrake alot
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: handbrake pins. Reply with quote

yea bloody grandma.... she cant just drive like everyone else on the road...

wen it 1st started itd hold up the top but if u knocked it itd fall down.. so now i got the steering lock holding it up hahahaha
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: handbrake pins. Reply with quote

so yea n e 1 no wat i should do.... i dont mind the whole rally handbrake setup :p its been raining a bit lately
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: handbrake pins. Reply with quote

Mine is rooted too. The teeth that the ratchet catches on break off over time.

From what I've looked at the removal requires the loosening of a bolt on the side of the trans tunnel (inside the car) and replacement of that mechanism. Might need to loosen the handbrake cable too.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: handbrake pins. Reply with quote

happened to my car

u have to undo the hand brake cable from under the car, then undo the 2 bolts on the side of the transmition tunnel (found between the passanger seat and the handbrake leaver) DONT FORGET to disconnect the handbrake light wire or u will have some re wiring to do. no it will all slid up and out.
then put the new on in the way it cam e out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: