HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

manual conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: manual conversion Reply with quote

hey guys i just bought a tg that used to b auto and just had manual put in..but still has auto diff...so i have 2 questions..
1 is the 9' diff good or is there ne others i shool dget.
2 shoold i go to the license joint to get the change on the records or will they inspect my hole car
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: manual conversion Reply with quote

you make me laugh my friend! lol

first of all, u dont need to worry about changing diffs. its all good. secondly, id like to see you put a 9" in and seeing you move. because you wont. i can almost guarantee it!
so if the manual conversion is complete and driveable, ya wont have ne trouble with the boys in blue. its all good
cheers
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: manual conversion Reply with quote

my bak end shakes sumtimes wen i take my foot off da xcelerater.....how much woold a 9' diff cost
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: manual conversion Reply with quote

You wont get a 9" in mate
Probably the torque tube making the rear end shake when you're off the gas.
gemskee
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: manual conversion Reply with quote

wat diff woold u recommened...lsd or wat i not that good wif diffs
killagem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: manual conversion Reply with quote

i have heard that hilux diffs have been used in gemini's but not to sure as to how they have done this conversion anyone heard of it done?

is it just the diff centre that u change? i heard that wat ever it was that was changed is a straight forward swap....
BOB the chicken
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: manual conversion Reply with quote

what is the point of a 9 inch? they are pretty much useless with a stock gemini motor, dont bother about a diff because the auto one sis easy to hook up to the manual tailshaft. and also, go to school and learn how to spell, just some free advice for you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: