HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

10 sec gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

have a look at the latest zoom mag. there is a gem with a 1800 turbo 268kw at the wheels and doing 10's 1/4 mile and its a automatic ha.
very very very instresting, ford brakes set up front and rear. looks prety good too.
its worth a read, it makes you think if the a fj20 or sr20 or what ever is really worth the pain.
BILLET_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

auto's can be alot quicker than manuals its just people dont like them cause there less fun, in short a tricked up auto is the go, and yeah i dont think the srs and fjs r worth it personally alot will disagree but i just see engineers certs and crap like that eehhh
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

Dennis Mobbs from boostin oz adelaide had a gem featured in zoom.

A red TG panel van running a g180 turbo setup.

The car was good for consistent 9's down the quarter.

The g180 is an awesome engine.

In the zoom article it says dennis uses a 4 spd corona box because it was cheap ($80 from a wrecker) and is very strong.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

by the time u spend all the money on getting the g series engin running that quick reliably, it will cost as much as the sr/fj conversion anyways. so its really a win win situation.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

prrehaps but u gota be honest now how hard and piss fartey is it to get an fj/sr in compared to a gseries? no being a dick here or anything but like yours isnt even in yet is it like wouldnt u rather just do a g series

once again not being a smart ass just i think it would have been an easier choice
20PSI TX
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

How piss farty would it be to get that much power out of a G-series? probably just about as bad as putting the fj in, can make 200kw at the wheels out of a stocky Fj with just bolts on too.
BILLET_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

i dont know i think working g series r a peice of piss compared to fjs and that i wouldnt have the fiantest with them so yeah g series all the way for me
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

only reason mine aint in yet, is cos i work all week from dark to dark. i dont have time. and my weekends are spent on assignments. like i say quite often i spend probably 1 whole day on it each month. to be honest i havent even touched it once for the last 4 months. i have no time.

if u have everything u need (like i did 6 months ago) u could ave it all in and runing over 1 week of work and piss farting around

reliability on a highly worked g engine would be alot of work and alot of money just like the nissan conversion.

i did the math on a 11 second G and 11 secong nissan. worked out around the same cost in the end, so i went with the fj cos it was a bit different

each to there own tho. everyone has the own tastes.

BUT, yes, if i could go back i would just do a run of the mill 13second blow threw carby on a g180. fast cars are usless now on the roads (in QLD) u get booked/fined/impounded way to easily
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

and i hate the g series gear boxes... there made or lettuse leafs. the nissan one can take more punishments for longer
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

Dont you hate how that happens. My car has been waiting for me to spend 2 days on it to start running it in and get it off to the dyno place for a tune but has been sitting there doing nothing for 6 months. Its all about having no time. Damn education, if I didnt want to finish mechanical engineering so bad then I would have a gemini to drive.
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

I wasn't aware that it's dark at 8:56am :0P
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

Anyone know the issue number of that Zoom magazine?

Thanks!
hot1800
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

issue 67
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: 10 sec gem Reply with quote

Thanks dude! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: