HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

A bit of bad luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GemmyAtWork
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: A bit of bad luck Reply with quote

04/07/03
10,000km service on the DAEWOO for the warranty. Advised the mechanic of an ‘intermittent surging/jerking’ problem that was evident at approx 3k rpm.

05/07/03
Transport 1 x Gemini sedan to Noosa and return with the GEMINI wagon that I purchased.
I missed seeing my partner off as it was taking longer than expected with the transporting if geminis. So in the evening I headed towards Sydney in the hope of catching up with my partner so I could just apologise and say bye till he was back home again. I got as far as Grafton and had to turn back, at his insistence. On the way back the DAEWOO was doing it’s jerking/surging performance again.

06/07/03
DAEWOO would not idle.

07/07/03
DAEWOO is transported to Grange to a repairer.

08/07/03
GEMINI is now a registered vehicle. Still need to run in the engine.

09/07/03
GEMINI develops an idling problem. No longer running. DAEWOO appears to be nowhere near ready. Mechanic has sent away the computer to have it looked at.

12/07/03
GEMINI is fixed. A point problem. Seems to have a small rear seal oil leak.

15/07/03
DAEWOO is ready to be picked up. Computer had been repaired. There were 2 x dry solenoids. There is evidence that the computer has been repaired once before. Considering replacing it in the next few months. Confirmed that these repairs are NOT covered under the warranty.

16/07/03
Two vehicles finally on the road and freedom for each of us here.

17/07/03
First speeding fine for my mother (aged 65) comes through the post. Date of offence 05/07/03 Samford Road Enoggera $150.00 3 points 73km/h in a 60km/h zone.
First speeding fine in the GEMINI. My umpteenth one. Albany Creek Road Aspley $150.00 3 points 76km/h in a 60km/h zone.

24/07/03
Second speeding fine in the GEMINI. Gympie Road Kedron $150.00 9 points 73km/h in a 60km/h zone.
I am thinking that speedo calibration with some documentary evidence that it is ‘out’ is needed here ;o)

25/07/03
Drive to some place just past Inglewood (south of Warwick) in the GEMINI, to see my partner before he heads off to Melbourne for how ever long. He didn’t think I was seriously driving out that far but I was. See him for the night before he heads off on Saturday morning,

26/07/03
Fill up the car and get 20kms up the road and it dies. I managed to get it to a mechanic in Inglewood who cant work on it till later this week.
MUM can you drive 300km to come and get me ? Please ?
Now 1 x GEMINI stuck 300km from home.
Off to babysit best friends kids.

27/07/03
DAEWOO begins its intermittent surging/jerking again. Completely dies on me 3 kms from home. Sit and wait and wait and wait. Begin to reassess my worthiness to drive cars, or even to own cars. I cant justify all this shit. Manage to get the DAEWOO home.

28/07/03
Back to catching trains to work again.

Some time in the future …

FOR SALE: DAEWOO and GEMINI, excellent condition, well looked after (meaning I have paid a shit load to keep the bloody things in operation). Yaddah yaddah

How much more can go wrong ?

Hence I shall not be attending the cruise this weekend.
GemmyAtWork
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A bit of bad luck Reply with quote

OOOOOPS Wrong section.

Sozzy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: