HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN: people who helped with my head unit drama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Te_Andrew_GC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: ATTN: people who helped with my head unit drama Reply with quote

hi guys, i finally got my head unit goin good, fuck its a step up from the stock am radio

here is the story. baught boss audio component set and 1000watt amp from a sale. then lay byed a sanyo head and boss 2x12" in a box *u know the one with neons and shit*. went to pick it up, the fool said i lay byed one 10" in a seperate box. after 5 minutes of bitching, he said i can have the box for another $200, so i said you have to be fisting me, got my cash back and went else where

in comes gold coast car sound, they are having psycho sales, and i picked up a blaupunkt head and 2 12" power acoustics subs. the subs are on lay by, and i havn't got a box yet

so i get the head home, wire it up, put in the splits and crossovers, i was gonna elave to tweeters to the day after. turn it on, doesnt work, it was gettin dark by then so i clicked the head lights on, and the stereo comes on, turn the lights of, stezz goes of. i wired the constant to an ignition type switch, being the headlights.

next day, i fix it by some how finding the old ignition wire from the old head that fell down behind the dash. earthed it to a screw, and ran a fuse from the constant to the battery using a fuse. set up the tweeters and yeah, she works heaps goodly.

so in short, thanks fuckin heaps for helpin this newbie, your all legends. but one quick question

the amp kit i have, like the power chords and shit.

the blue wire from the head is a remote switch that goes to the amp and tells it to turn on right? then the amp draws power from the battery using the fattest fuckin wire i've ever seen and a fuse. seing as this wire is so fat, how the fuck can i fit it on the terminal? i had enough dramas fitting 15A wire on the terminal with the head.

and also, eventually i wanna run the front speakers from the amp, or another amp as well. my head unit only has on rca output section, which is gonna go to the rear speaker inputs on the amp for the subs. how can i get signal to the front speaker input on the amp> you know what i'm talking about?

oncer again, thanks heaps
GEMINI_MILITIA
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: people who helped with my head unit drama Reply with quote

dude use lugs on all ur connections at the amp alot better and easier 2 work with. yes the blue wire is ur remote and put ur fuse nxt to the battery if u blow it easier 2 get to

peace love and chicken grease
militia out
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: people who helped with my head unit drama Reply with quote

blue wire does exactly what u say it does. Now for power, u dont have to use the huge arse wire to connect to the amps. just a big enough one. So u can get it on the terminal easier, also make sure u fuse it. In almost all cases anything connecting to a power wire should be fused so u dont wreck ur accesories. And for you RCA troubles, u can buy something like double adaptors for them to run more amps thru the one, just ask someone at ya autoshop they'll tell ya what u need
cheers.
oh and if ya run into anymore probs or questions feel free to email me at " sweetknight_15@hotmail.com "
good luck mate
Te_Andrew_GC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN: people who helped with my head unit drama Reply with quote

sweet as, thanks for the help man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: