HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

moulded carpet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: moulded carpet Reply with quote

i just got my moulded car carpet sent over from Know carpets in melb, nice carpet, i decided on charcoal grey, a very nice look to go with my new green paintwork. anyway what im getting at is, i told them i had a floor shifter and cos ive never bought car carpet befor but there isnt a hole for the shifter or seat brackets and there is like hell over hang, oh and no hole for the handbrake, oh also it had gemini p/van written on the bottom but it seems to fit but where it goes over the tailshaft tunnel its a bit loose. also after i have underlay down does anyone know if i should be gluring the carpet in or what do i do. im new to this shit...i know the consoles will cover up the hils i cut for the shifter and handbrake... thanks
Ron
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: moulded carpet Reply with quote

Knox carpets are a pain to deal with. They do not cut out the bits for the floor shift or seats because they reckon there are too many variations to consider. Given that 99.99% of Geminis sold have either a std manual or auto location, it is simply lazy on their part.

You just cut out the holes as best you can. There is plenty of extra carpet near the doors in case you do not get it dead centre. Use plenty of underlay to take up the slack over the tunnel. Try to keep the holes size as small as possible as this reduces the possibility of road noise getting in. Best also to get them to make up some side panels with the same carpet (kick plates ... the bits near where your shoes would sit). You do not need any glue. The plastic strips along the door edges holds it all in place.

Other carpet suppliers also take the easy way out and do not cut out the gear shift and seat bracket holes. They could also cut the carpet from a single piece but again they are a bit lazy. End product will look good and it is a cheap way to improve the interior.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: moulded carpet Reply with quote

we do ron ron ron, we do ron ron
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: moulded carpet Reply with quote

haha cheers man you seemed to cover everything i asked, not many people do that so cheers man...
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: moulded carpet Reply with quote

whore
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:17 pm    Post subject: Who you calling a whore Reply with quote

GROOVN TURBULENCE, who ya talking to, and why are they a whore
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who you calling a whore Reply with quote

i have an erganomic foot stool
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Who you calling a whore Reply with quote

LOL
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who you calling a whore Reply with quote

EDIT : MR GEMI
not you lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: