HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

error message when posting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: error message when posting Reply with quote

Has anyone else been seeing the following mesage appear after posting a message?

Quote:
Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 550 Bad destination mailbox address - No such user at that domain

DEBUG MODE

Line : 165
File : smtp.php

If you get exactly the same message please add a comment or if you get a different message, COPY & PASTE it up here so Joe can use the info to work out what the problem might be.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i get the same message, at least the posts are still going through
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but there is the worry that things could get worse if it isn't dealt with. Best to collate what ever info we can to assist Joe in rectifying the problem before it escalates into something worse.

I have found it to appear sometimes but not at other times. A bit intermittent. I'm trying to see if I can find a pattern as to when it does happen. So far it's only been on some occasions when replying to a post in an existing thread but not when editing a post I've made or when I start a new thread.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might be when posting to an old thread where people have requested to be emailed whenever there is a post. But they email address in their profile is either too old or wrong.

Which threads is this happening on? I haven't seen it yet, although I do get several bounced emails per day saying an email address that the forum is trying to send messages to does not exist.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool. Sounds a likely reason. It is referring to mailing problems. I'll take note in the future and let you know. Make it easier to check.

Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it isn't! This being a new thread that I didn't flag to email me (unless someone else set a flag for replies) and it just did it on my last reply to you Joe!!

This is the meassage I got:
Quote:
Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 550 Bad destination mailbox address - No such user at that domain

DEBUG MODE

Line : 165
File : smtp.php

I also notice that when this error occurs and I return to the index page, I see the forum I just posted in flagged as containing a new post. Even though when I check it, the only new post is the one I just made. That seems a bit odd and may offer a hint to what is going on.

joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, I think it was me causing the problem Embarassed

It's a bit convoluted but basically I had my profile email set as joe.lipson at hotgemini.com but the thing is hotgemini email is handled on another server to better manage spam, so the joe.lipson user / address is set up externally. The problem is the forum ( or the emailer it uses ) thinks that joe.lipson at hotgemini.com is a local address and just tries a direct local delivery. This is failing because there is no joe.lipson user here.

this would explain why i haven't seen it too.

I've changed my email address, lets see if it keeps happening.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll cost you a slab for stress and disorientation! Laughing

I was starting to think the forum was on the verge of a big crash again! Lets hope that redirect error is the cause of it all.

MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poida wrote:
That'll cost you a slab for stress and disorientation! Laughing

I was starting to think the forum was on the verge of a big crash again! Lets hope that redirect error is the cause of it all.

ill take a quarter of that slab for posting my experience with the error message! cheers poida! Razz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAL, but I don't want any of that crappy US stuff.

On a sort of side note, you have to enter your date of birth to access the Miller web site!! LOL
Kid you not, they do an age check to even let you sniff the site, let alone drink their brew.

Virtual-R

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millers Genuine Draft (MGD) isn't a bad beer, the rest of the US stuff belongs down the drain lol. Atleast they didn't do too bad on most of their whiskeys.
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, there is a lot of crappy beer here, but a lot of good stuff too, just takes time to find it. I tend to stay away from the big names, there's a ton of smaller micro breweries that do good work. I've even been brewing my own at home for the past 6 months.

you guys can have some when I start brewing in Australia again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: