HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Advice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

lol nice one, i dont get it, "what a bus"? Does that mean its nice? lol sounds to me like ya think its a peice of shit.

Yeah, his engine is worked as hard as it can be worked, just needs twin webbers, but he wants to put an SR20DET in it, but wont happen for a while.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Advice Reply with quote

Long Motor describes radiator, motor, box, clutch/converter, wiring, tailshaft(sometimes)

like a front ct minus the cut car
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Advice Reply with quote

i thought long motor meant that it had been reco'd from the bottom up, and short motor meant just the head :S
.~LOK15~.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Advice Reply with quote

Hehehehe... hey what's a good price for a standard 2 ltr engine?

BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

QLD slang for Booze Bus,

chuck 3 people in the back and heaps off piss, watch the duco (of course)

and putt around the cruise spots, fully slammed like a sled aka Pro Stocker styles,

as for the SR20DET conversion, it is very hard to fit, regardless that there is no rack and pinion, it requires alot of cuttin and sit far back in the bay, there is one gettin around up here, goes good after headache install

piss easy in a gem though, diff conversions are a nightmare, but not gems again, see below

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/workshop2.cgi?action=rt&tip_id=103
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Advice Reply with quote

there is one in the QLD trader for $200 with a 32/36 weber,

so under $500 if you look arond and are paitient, wreckers will try and get top dollar, which in turn is the last resort

short motor is just the block and head alone, with injection/intake, with internals of corse
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

Yeah, i've seen your diff conversion, very tidy if i do say so. Lol with 3 people in the back of his corty the rear wheel walls scrape on the guards over any variance in the road hehe. Yeah he has found a place that could do his conversion for 8 grand including engine and box.
.~LOK15~.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Advice Reply with quote

ok kool... thanks for the advice fella's you'se helped a lot... i thought i might never get this thing fixed... anyway's gotta shoot off to bed got work in the morning... thanks again
Cya
-Jay-

BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

ouch 8 gradage,

ohh well,

mention to yor mate a diff conversion, as i was gonna do the same for me corty, take say an EB diff to teh same shop and my corty diff and tell them to put the Corty diff mounts on the EB flacon, and shorten and repline accordinly, only drawback is that the entire housing is larger, the leafys will need to be reset and so you can lower it to nice-ness, and can run discs on the rear, just ensure that the shop has set the correct angle on the diff housing brackets,

sound good?
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

what would that set him back ya reckon?
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

well if you looked at the cost of my description, if say i was to supply all, as I have discussed this with the shop, $400 for teh are conversion,

and then rotors and blah,

and you can even buy the AU Flacon hoppers stoppers kits on the front keep it 5 std and yer,

Flacoon wheels,

FR17 Simmons, mmmm
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

lol nice, sounds good, i'll show him this post, see what he says.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

it is a piss easy conversion really,

not many shops will do these conversion up here as i have exactly describe, (u cant do it, its impossile, gotta spare 2 grand)

but down south yer i guess,

let s know what he says,

just dont intimidate me, im suppose to work on BlueTC not BlueCorTY
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

hahaha you dick, i think you mean "entice" or "tempt" not intimidate, lol;

in·tim·i·date ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tm-dt)
tr.v. in·tim·i·dat·ed, in·tim·i·dat·ing, in·tim·i·dates
To make timid; fill with fear.
To coerce or inhibit by or as if by threats.

Yeah i'll let ya know what he says tho.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: hahaha Reply with quote

nah im not tempted,

its people dont really understand how easy some things are i guess,

i do fear if ya mate goes the conversion as mention, should have kept my mouth shut, bah

um yes MK1 Corty with big brakes is a scare mate, if i see another Corty minus 460+ HP v8 in it that another story though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: