HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine Choice Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunnel vision
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Engine Choice Questions Reply with quote

Ok, I've got blow-by, so I'm gunna fix the problem good and proper. Problem is I'm not sure wich option to go. i.e. cost, size, hassle, drama's. I've got a TF van with a stock 1600. Thought of mild 1.8 - 2 ltr. or, Bottom end job on current engine with some head/cam/exhaust work, or, twin cam option, I'm leaning towards the first two options cause of cost and legality. Any input, including good mechanics that are south of the city would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at about in 3-5 mths $$$$$$ , prefer a drive in drive away deal. Thanks everyone.
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Choice Questions Reply with quote

Cheapest and least hassles is to go with the 1600 because
you already have the bits, making it cheaper. But there are not as many options for all out power. Think STROKING with the 1800 crank but make sure the mechanic does a dry run to check for clearances.
What city?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: