HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

SR20DET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: SR20DET Reply with quote

Well People i havent posted in here before but here it goes. i own a TG gemini i have been thinking about conversoins, worknig out a battle plan ect. i have thought about a sr20 now heres a good motor. parts avalibilty is good and preformance is good. but for the same price i can get a rb20 turbo. same capasity (and dont say it cant be done i have personally seen a td coup with a 186 turbo regency aproved)just as much power bits avilable. altho the rb20 can make over 300 reliable kw. now the cost comparison between the two is roughly the same for a conversoion. yet again i could do a piazza swap which will blow to shit after a few hard runs. ive tried this befor and most piazza owners agree there shit. the more cost effective option is a rodao motor but finding one is a pain in the ass. i dont know much about these motors and would like to know how much they can take. my plans are defeatly turbo as the 2.3 ltr would make an awsom basis for the project. what do you think go for the all out sr20 or rb20. or than again is the 2jz....

lata
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

read the rules befor you post in here
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

What was the point of posting all that?????
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: WRONG FORUM! Reply with quote

u posted in the wrong forum man, on the forum page read the writing under the heading and it gives a description of the forum i think it even says dont post here askin questions, but none the less i will help u out,

most people put either fj20's or sr20's some people do ca18's some do piazza's, some do rodeo's and other people like myself are gettin a worked g200 turbo'd, now u have many options, if you are lookin at not spending too much money dont go a conversion or turbo just work a gemini motor, turbos will cost u alot of money, if u want cost on doin a fj20 conversion talk to gene talk to him in the members lounge or general gemini chat forums, im sure he'll answer most of ur questions cos he is currently puttin a fj20 into a coupe,

but remember as i said if money is a problem and ur not wanting to spend in excess of about 10grand for an import engine in the car n running the way u want it dont bother, u can do it for cheaper but it will cause headaches and stress, so be prepared to spend alot of money, cos with conversions, there is other stuff to think of like chassi strength, brakes, and alot of other stuf as i said ask gene he'll tell u what u'll have to just to get a stock fj20 inthe car and running, aswell as a rough price
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

1: wrong forum, read the rules
2: my brother is doin ta rb20 in his gem, u wil spend about $2000 more just to re faricating the fire wall and tras tunnel just to get it in the car (same with the 2jz and 1gget)
3: sr20 has more torque then the rb20 so why bother.
4: dont forget the all might (bias opinion) fj20 power hhouse Very Happy
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WRONG FORUM! Reply with quote

stock shmock Very Happy

300rwhp aint stock Very Happy heheh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

why bother with pistons. go a rotor

i wish i put a 13bT instead of the 2.6T
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

i think cos he knows rotorys are homosexual Very Happy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

hey hey hey!

theres nothing like the sound of a fully ported rotor
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: SR20DET Reply with quote

haha yer...

BARP BARP BARP BARP BARP

nothing like that sound... nothin at all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: