HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cruisin/racin inBrissy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRANNYVAN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Cruisin/racin inBrissy Reply with quote

where the f*%k is there to go in Brissy?
Im from the gold coast and as u may know the pigs have killed it down here so was gunna get everyone to come up there but dont know where to go.

any popular spots that could be good for racin or just a cruise could be good.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin inBrissy Reply with quote

i hear aspley maccas is good Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin inBrissy Reply with quote

u wanna know why the cops shut it down, because people like u who race on the street
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin inBrissy Reply with quote

no it is because dickheads, do skids in the broadwater car park to attract the pigs and people on the cbs announcing where they are going.(if they listen, the pro street racers use code names for destinations)
SBG81
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin inBrissy Reply with quote

Why dont u try the sprints at QR or go to the dragtrack u idoit. How do u like them apples?
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin in Brissy Reply with quote

**u wanna know why the cops shut it down, because people like u who race on the street**

Street racing is inevitable it's been happening for 50 odd years.
I do it frequently (every oportunity), never been done for speeding once. Not that it matters.
Stereotyping of street-racers is wrong, it's like saying all cops are f#$ked. You are putting yourself in the same league as those that stereotype people that modify cars, to be useless hoons that are an annoying pest to be exterminated.
With an FJ20 that has forced induction and chasing approx 200kw, you cant be serious and in all honesty tell me that you will never race another car on the highway.
Your venture in modifying your vehicle to that extent with over triple standard power, would be a waste of time and money if you dont plan on exploring it's potential.
Granted, you will most likely use a supervised environment like a C.A.M.S or A.N.D.R.A approved track. But i'm willing to bet my Gemini that you will race on the street a minimum of once a fortnight.
Get your hand off it, cops shut down parking areas due to burnouts, underage drinking, wreckless driving/endangerment, fighting, animosity, litter, property damage, and minor accidents just to name a few - NOT STREET RACING. They patrol and police the highways, industrial areas, and back-streets for street-racing.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin in Brissy Reply with quote

id have to agree with the above statement
anybody who trys to tell me they never street race is full of shit
whether it be a 10 mtre drag with another shitbox gem or a full blown stop freeway traffic race it happens all the time and i can safely say i reckon gene will too Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin inBrissy Reply with quote

not everyone is that cool...
street racers should take it to the track. they wrecking it for everyone else
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin in Brissy Reply with quote

"Get your hand off it, wreckless driving/endangerment, "

so what do u call street racing??

yes for 50 odd years, i beat my lef nut its been happening since cars were invented.. but its only recently (last 5-10 years) it has started to get out of control and cause problems. if u actually kept up with whats going on (ie police reports and statments etc..) and not what "your mates have said" u would know whats really going on..

street racing is want it causing all the prolems..

1: im building the gemini to prove a point (long story)
2: i will never ever say i WILL NOT RACE on the road, i never said i wouldnt or havent. but it takes alot to gee me up and get me to race. trust me. i lost 18 points and over $5000 in fines in less than 2 years, iv learnt my leson.

take it to the track
a little race here and there aint gonna do anything, but the cock smokers racing at 100km/h+ in 60 zones and 200+ on the hwy IS what is causing the problems
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin in Brissy Reply with quote

**"Get your hand off it, wreckless driving/endangerment, "
so what do u call street racing??**

It's obvious that street-racing is "wreckless driving/endangerment".
If you understood my post, you'd realise i was refering to your accusations on why parking areas etc are shut down.
The point of the post was to make you realise street-racers dont shut down hang-out areas, idiots inside the hang-out area are the ones responsible.

**but its only recently (last 5-10 years) it has started to get out of control and cause problems.**

It's always been out of control and caused problems. How else was it described 10 years ago ? 'A slight annoyance' ?

**if u actually kept up with whats going on (ie police reports and statments etc..)**

Now you're trying a little too hard. Do you have inside sources on police statements and/or reports ?
I have regular clients in my industry of work that are highway patrol officers, that are involved in "Operation S.P.H.E.R.E" (the network used to control/kerb street-racing). I think i'm a little ahead of keeping up with it than you could ever possibly hope to be.

**and not what "your mates have said" u would know whats really going on..**

You've actually confused me on this one. Where was my reference to what "mates have said" ? And why would i use one in the post i made ?? You've lost me on that one.
By the look of that staement, i dont think you "actually know whats going on".

**street racing is want it causing all the prolems..... trust me. i lost 18 points and over $5000 in fines in less than 2 years, iv learnt my leson.

Your view is very narrow minded, you may have learnt your lesson but it hasn't seemed to have enlightened you.
Over exaggerated under-informed. Street-racing is only part of the problem - not the whole problem.
If all cars were speed limited to 110kph to control racing, do you think more hang-outs will open/re-open ? Not likely.
I'm not trying to come across as though i encourage or condone street-racing, every induvidual is entitled to their own driving style.
My point is that, if an induvidual pulls up at a set of red lights and engages in a race on the green light, it doesn't make him any lesser of a person than yourself.

**a little race here and there aint gonna do anything, but the cock smokers racing at 100km/h+ in 60 zones and 200+ on the hwy IS what is causing the problems**

This comment holds some or should i say a fair amount of validity. The speeds you stated are used by the kind of people that spoil the fun at car-park hang outs. These people are a nuisance to both police and car enthusiasts.
Anything under an 80kph zone is forbidden teritory to race, On the highway i prefer not to exceed 160kph. Its still highly illegal, but i know i have limited control at 200+kph compared to 160kph.

My post was not intended to offend, if it offended you then maybe you have issues to deal with.
I see your point to an extent, but i dont believe you have opened your mind to see mine. Street-racing is only a part of the car enthusiast culture, it's not the be all and end all of it. And it also has stupidity to deal with that ruins it for others.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruisin/racin in Brissy Reply with quote

yeah im just saying u cant totaly rule out racing for why cops are cracking down. the "meet" places are where the races are organised, there for stop that they can stop the race. well thats what they think. it wont work but that PART of theere lodgic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: