HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CRX Seats
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Heres the way to do it. Reply with quote

Find some 8mm flat bar and run it across the seat (minus runners of any kind) to create a flat surface. I used 2 sections about 15 mm wide stretching along the seat base.

You should be able to bolt this to the seat using the bolt holes in the seat from the original runners.

Some a set of gemini runners and clean them up ready for welding and bolt them into the car in the correct configuration.

Move the runners to the furthest position away from the dash, as if the seat was back.

Now sit your seat on top of the runners. It should sit flat thanks to bolting in those flat bar sections before.

Move it around until you get it in position. It helps if you have someone ready to sit in it to test out a few configurations. Once its in place (furthest back it will need to go) then take a coloured pencil and mark it carefully on all corners.

Take the runners out and tack them lightly in position with a welder. I used a stick on mine. To avoid the seats catching fire I used an old rubber floor mat carefully held in place as a heat sheild. Also use a lot of damp rags to cover anything vunerable.

Once its tacked up, test fit it and make any adjustments as needed until it fits in no probs.

Finally add some stronger welds, do it slowly and allow for cooling in between welds. Remember to sheild off the slag and heat with a lot of wet rags.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Heres the way to do it. Reply with quote

my god i think that just might work!!! i never thought of doing it that way.....love the idea.....thanks very much...

now to take the car to my mate with the welder.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini R&D All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: