HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

noise in diff, couldn't find in search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkangylgem77
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: noise in diff, couldn't find in search Reply with quote

I've only had this noise for the past few months and I just want to have some kind of an idea of what it might be. I know when I reverse, turn left and slowly stop there is a thunk noise, like something is loose and is hitting and occassionally it happens when i go over a speed bump.

Any ideas would be appreciated and another question is has anyone had air speed problems with a 32/36 weber. If I accelerate too quickly the car nearly stalls.

Thanks in advance!
- Gena

P.S : got the sump seal replaced and will warn anyone who has to do this job in a tc gemini that pulling out the motor is definately easier.
dunger
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: noise in diff, couldn't find in search Reply with quote

hi, with the diff problem, i donty think its your diff, you might have to lift your car up and have a look and see if bolts are tight where,
1. your torque tube
2. tailshaft
3. torque tube and tailshaft housing

maybe you dont have bolts holding the torque tube and tailshaft together cause i had that problem and once i put bolts in the noise went away.

as for the webber, do what i did pay 70 dollars and get it tuned at a carby centre they will do everything plus give you a air filter. hope i helped cya nathan
Beefcake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: noise in diff, couldn't find in search Reply with quote

i dont think it would be the diff, beacuase any loose part and it would most likley mince to a million bits. Dunger is right check to see if all ya bolts are there, it probably wont take much effort to fix it
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: noise in diff, couldn't find in search Reply with quote

With the Weber get your Acc. pump shooter changed to a smaller size, If that does't work you will have to get your booster venturis changed to a smaller size also (this will increase vacuum signal at low rev.)

HOP-A-LONG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: