HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Head Differences?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Head Differences? Reply with quote

Ok, before someone says use the search, i have and i cant find what im looking for. Now that ive cleared that up, down to the question.

How the hell do you tell the difference between a big valve early model tx head, smaller valve TX/C/D heads and the TE Head? is there any numbers cast or stamped externally or what?

Nick-
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

the small head valves have an isuzu stamp at the front on the head, its just the isuzu symbol and is noticeable when ur looking for it, the big head valves dont have this stamp,
someone correct me if im wrong
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

Well as far as I know you are right dood but I think any head with the polution gear on the exhaust side is a small valve head too.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

When you say small valve, do you mean TX/C/D or TE? from what ive heard the TE has a different head. Wheres the Isuzu logo stamped? front of head?

Nick-
GEMINOS
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

how about my sohc G200 head. does this have larger valves tnan a G160 ? How about the cam ,will a G200 cam rev more or less than the smaller capacity heads ...My block is G200 too by the way
CrAzY
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

im not 100% percent sure, about a g200 head having bigger valves, but i know if u put a 1600 head it will go alot harder cos of the compression, and yes its stamped on the front of the head on the left hand side, there wil/wont be a raised isuzu symbol
SBG81
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

markings or stamps or any identifications on the head do not determine if it is big valve. Just mearure the valves with a vernier.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

g200 also have G200 stamped on the head. but yes more thanlikely a small valve head has a izusu stamp on it and they can be made to flow the same as a big valve head.
GeminiCoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

Ok theres no Isuzu Stampings on it...does this mean its a TX/C/D head? Im fucking confused hardcore.

Nick-
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Differences? Reply with quote

u should ahve a big valve head just measure it make sure the valves are about 42mm and 34mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: