HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

GRRRRRR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD Coupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: GRRRRRR Reply with quote

just been reading lots of post and looking in the galleries. Why do half the people tell us that they have lsd's. sure there might be the odd one or two floating round but i dont think anyone here realises how hard they are to find....a bloke i know spent 2 years tracking a genuine gemini lsd down. he got his hands on one from germany out of a special Opel kadett (someone correct me here) and hasnt seen one since. A WELDED DIFF IS NOT AN LSD. anyway thats my bitch for now.
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR Reply with quote

i spent 2 hours looking for a LSD. try the yellow pages. any dif shop with any brains can do it.the center justs bolts in
BonnetJizz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR Reply with quote

yea... and u can get a shortened piazza diff in there.. with lsd and Disc brakes
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR Reply with quote

the piazza LSD will only fit the desile housing, not the petto ones
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR/pig75 Reply with quote

Hey mate

what centre did you use? There are not to many Diff shops
in Hobart let alon with any brains.

cya Macca
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR/pig75 Reply with quote

the center is out of a vb-vk comodore. the diff must be a TD or later. TX/TC use a borg warner diff. TD on use a salisbury small diff
Green Machine
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR Reply with quote

hey if u read the message, he said 'genuine gemini' LSD. not ones out of other cars or made by mechanics. Is there really such a thing as a gemini LSD? kind of a holy crail of gemini's or something hey
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR Reply with quote

yes there are. LSD and disk rear end. find one and expect to pay $1500 for it Very Happy

i know where theres one, but for the price there not strong enuff
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: GRRRRRR/pig75 Reply with quote

And you have to use the gemini crownwheel and pinion. you can use the commo side gears and you have to re-shimm it so the bearings sit right and the diff lasts longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: