HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

32/36 weber on TG... Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: 32/36 weber on TG... Questions Reply with quote

OK I have a few questions... Whats the difference between a Major repair Kit and a normal repair kit. I have been quoted like $80 for a major kit??? Does that sound rite??? what brand kits do you guys use? Fuel mister and what comes in the kits? I dismantled my 32/36 today and cleaned it all up.

Next question, I have a 180 holley on my 2L atm but via putting the weber on it meens that the throttle cable is going to be on the other side and it looks like the brake resivior might be in the way. The brake resiovior is different than that off a TE as well people... ummm what else

Oh thats rite, The auto choke... I'm taking it off so what do i do with the little vacum hole on the side of the carby? How can I neatly block it up?

I think thats all for now people, The 32/36 is only going on till I get the 34/34. By the way there is a HUGE difference in quality between a weber and a 180 holley, The weber piss's over the holley just incase some of u are going to do the conversion try and heard towards the weber.

Cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 32/36 weber on TG... Questions Reply with quote

the cable wont get in the way u just need to make up a bracket i ahve a bracket that redline do i bought fot he holey but i'll make one up in fab
PROJECT_MADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 32/36 weber on TG... Questions Reply with quote

A major rebuild kit usually involves all gaskets, standard jets and a few other goodies depending on the carb type. Minor kits include most gaskets (if not all) and new needle and a few clips still depending on your carb type, these usually go for about $30 for a single carb in adelaide. Best kits available are Fuel Meiser but if you cant get it go for Recarb.
If you dont build the Weber to match your engine and drivetrain it may as well be a paperweight, this applies to all carbs though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: